Thursday, August 29, 2013

I see London...

Whoah! Where the heck have I been, right? Life has swallowed me whole and I'm just now being able to breathe and break through a bit. It's crazy to think the last time I posted on here, I was giving an update of my pregnancy and now I sit here watching my little man rock in his swing at 17 days old!

Here is his birth story:

Around 1am on the 11th, I started having some contractions. I attempted to time them, but they were pretty irregular and I kept falling asleep. I finally woke up around 7:30 am to realize that the contractions hadn't gone away. I laid in bed for a little longer and timed them at about ten minutes apart. Around 8am, I called my mom. We decided that she would take me in, and the hubs could stay at home with my other two littles, so we didn't have to haul the to the hospital...especially if this was a false alarm.

I was admitted into observation around 9am and I was still about 2-3cm (I had been 2cm for a few days already). I was in observation for about 2 hours when my doctor (the one doctor I had been praying for!) decided it was time for me to be moved into labor and delivery! Whoo hoo! This was it! I called my husband and he arranged for our kids to be picked up by his grandparents and he headed on to the hospital. I got comfy in my room with my mom and my nerves kicked in big time. You would think after doing this two times already, that I would be somewhat relaxed-but I was far from that. My doctor came in and said he wanted to go ahead and break my water. My initial plan was to not allow them to break my water at all, but for some reason I went ahead with this. Shockingly enough, this was a smart decision. We discovered that London had already had a bowel movement. I began to freak because I remember my mom saying I did the same thing when she was in labor and it caused the doctor to panic. My doctor was completely calm. He said that I had nothing worry about, but that he wanted to monitor the baby as much as possibly in case he went into distress. Again, I did not want any sort of monitoring-but I was calm about this decision too. They did allow me to do some serious walking around the floor, as long as I came back every 20 mins to check on the baby. I did this for a few hours, but I wasn't progressing very much at all. In about 4 or 5 hours, I barely got to a 4. They started throwing around the idea of Pitocin, which about made me lose it. My dad showed up and he and my mom began to pray.

Within an hour I got to 6cm. Then I stalled out again. My doctor came in and said he wanted to put me on just a small dose of Pit, so we could get the baby out and not risk anything with the meconium. Panic set in big time. I could feel the tears falling down my face because I knew that I was weak when it came to how my body reacts on Pit. I shake, I get super sick to my stomach, and the pain of contractions are a million times worse than natural ones. I kept telling my husband that if I got put on Pit, I was automatically getting an epidural. He kept saying to wait.

Once on Pit, I was struggling big time. I sat on the birthing ball, listened to praise and worship, and tried extremely hard to relax. Nothing worked. At this time my grandpa and his girlfriend arrived, and I tried to keep a conversation going with anyone around me but then I got to the point that talking was wasting energy. My husband and my dad were holding my hands through each contraction and encouraging me through. My mom came and started rubbing my legs and coaching me through the pain.

Oh the pain. Like I said, there is nothing like the pain of contractions while on Pitocin. Things started progressing pretty fast and I was getting the point where a c-section even sounded good. Around 8pm I was done. I had been in labor since 1am and I was tired. The previous night I had only had 3 hours of sleep so I was just wore out. I looked at my family and began to beg for an epidural. With tears rolling down my face I pleaded with them to get the doctor and to get some pain meds. I just couldn't go on. They kept telling me to hold on and that I was doing great. I didn't feel like I was. The few seconds in between contractions I tensed up preparing for the next. I felt like I was dying. I was sweating and on the verge of passing out when I looked to my dad and begged him to pray for me. I didn't hear a single word he said until "Amen". At that very moment-the pressure began. That unmistakable urge to push came upon me and I started to panic. "I've gotta push! I've gotta push now!" I started saying over and over again. My mom got the nurse and she checked me. I was still at the beginning of 9cm. "You're not quite there, sweetheart," she said. Then another nurse ran in and said, "Dr. Jones is in the parking garage. He'll be here soon." Then I saw people running in and getting everything set up. Within a few seconds I was screaming at everyone, "I HAVE TO PUSH NOW!" I couldn't hold back. Dr. Jones (who is the cutest short older man I've ever seen) comes running into my room trying his best to get his scrubs on and get situated. I seriously thought London was gonna just fall out of me. I pushed one good time and his head came out. I then was instructed to stop pushing (you have no idea how hard that is) so the doctor could clean out his mouth so he wouldn't aspirate the meconium. Then once he was clear, I pushed two more times and my little man came into the world! 8:48pm! Roughly 20 hours of labor and he was finally in my arms! My husband even let my mom cut the cord, which I thought was such a sweet gesture. I began to cry as hard as my tiny was and on of the RNs wiped him down and placed him on my chest. My family was hooting and hallerin' with joy. Once placed on my chest, London immediately calmed and then peed all over me. I couldn't stop laughing. Within two more minutes, he peed on me again. Love this kid already.

London Henley 7lbs 1oz 20 inches Born August 11 8:48pm

I tore a little bit, but other than that everything went perfectly. I didn't have the labor of my dreams, but it was still beautiful to me. I still feel like superwoman, and I would do it all over again if I could.

My baby was healthy and I praise the Lord for that. Since entering the blogging world, I've realized that there are many women who would proudly go through the pain of Pitocin, the sleepless nights, being peed and puked on regularly, and even deal with the baby blues if it meant they could bring home a baby of their own. I refuse to take any of the hardships that come with a little person for granted in honor of those precious ladies.

Not gonna lie, I am struggling a bit with crazy hormones and sleep delusion...but I know this won't last for long. Soon my tiny London will be crawling, walking, talking, and I will look back at this time and long for these moments back.

Labor is tough, but its only the beginning of a beautiful story. I'll have so much more to share with you...soon. Stay around.


  1. The photo is so cute and love reading this.

  2. All parents have a dream to have a healthy and cute baby. Babies are very sensitive so they can easily attack by any disease. Some times new diseases takes place which has no solution and become a big issue. Parents are very conscious about their baby's health and take proper care of their baby. Baby products also play a vital role in case of baby safety and direct affect baby's health. So parents choose the best baby products.

  3. Vice President Joe uggs on sale Biden said, all the people to feel sorrow for cheap nike jordan shoes the death of the police. "When the assassination of ugg boots two police officers wholesale jordan shoes who fired ugg the bullet, it is against this city, it touches the soul of the entire nation."New York Police Commissioner William Bradford announced Cheap LV Handbags at the funeral, the two promoted to the christian louboutin remise 50% level of ugg soldes police officers killed.Day of the Cheap Louis Vuitton Handbags funeral Discount LV Handbags of the queue is very large, shocking scenes. When covered with NYPD Air Jordan 11 Gamma Blue flag christian louboutin shoes Rafael Ramos's coffin carried out of the church by eight police officers slowly, consisting of ten helicopters from side team flew over the funeral procession to pay tribute. Later, a police cheap christian louboutin officer with white gloves took a policeman goes to the police flag and handed it solemnly Ramos's widow, her face ugg australia was covered ugg pas cher with this warning in Christian Louboutin Daffodile the coffin of Ramos flag tightly in her chest. In the back of the hearse, funeral motorcade was Mounties over 200 motorcycles from various cities of New Orleans, Newark, Baltimore and other American discount christian louboutin composition.Police Randy Law from California discount nike jordans 10 years of age the police, he said, today's funerals are very cheap jordans grand, California also recently killed Christian Louboutin Bois Dore two uggs outlet police officers, but nowhere near the size of the funeral, christian louboutin from California Bags Louis Vuitton came here to pay tribute to police officers killed on duty also in contention for the New York police support Discount Louis Vuitton

  4. Then is drinking lots of fluids. To have a good, healthy skin one should drink lots of water which is said to be at least 8-10 glasses of water in a day and some skin and health specialist say that it should be in proportion to your weight as for every 10 kg of weight, one should drink a liter of water so if the weight is 60 then the person should drink 6 liters of water. Which can be substituted with fruit juices too.

  5. We should always take care of our body. Fitness level is basically the core of our well being. Fitness level our body is the one that makes us capable of the things that we are capable of doing. Fitness level to improve our fitness means that we should improve the way we treat our bodies. Fitness level we should eat right and exercise. Fitness level eating right involves eating properly and regularly.

  6. There are a few things that you can change and a few things that you cannot in achieving that bodybuilder look. The things that you cannot change is your genetics and your age. Since you cannot change these things don't use them as an escape goat on why you can't have that perfect body. The things that you can change is your sleeping routine and your attitude. Sleeping is one of the most important things in bodybuilding. When at rest, your body starts to repair itself, so get enough rest. Changing your attitude towards your workouts will increase the intensity. The greater the intensity the great the results of the workout.

  7. Fitness level feelings of negativity like unhappiness, sadness, melancholy, anger etc. is detrimental to fitness because it makes us take action that is also detrimental to our health. Fitness level important that we stay positive, happy and grateful to improve our fitness level.

  8. After taking the fitness test, you may wish to train for a few months.Most people at the start of a fitness program are facing being overweight and lethargic lifestyles with poor eating habits that will escalate into possibly debilitating diseases and if not corrected will have a tendancy of a downward unhealthy outcome.What is the most asked question in body building? How can I grow massive amounts of muscles in the shortest amount of time.


Who doesn't love comments? It is just like Christmas. So go ahead, send me a gift! :)