We serve a great God, don't we?
I know this, because although I awake today with tears in my eyes, pain in my heart, and what feels like a brick in my stomach-I am still overwhelmed with Peace. Peace that only He can give.
The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my savior; thou saved me from violence. I will call on the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies. 2 Samuel 22:3-4
But you, O God, do see trouble and grief; you consider it to take it in hand. The victim commits himself to you; you are the helper of the fatherless. Break the arm of the wicked and evil man; call him to account for his wickedness that would not be found out. The LORD is King for ever and ever; the nations will perish from his land. You hear, O LORD, the desire of the afflicted; you encourage them, and you listen to their cry, defending the fatherless and the oppressed, in order that man, who is of the earth, may terrify no more. Psalms 10:14-18
Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27
I don't know about you, but I am seriously comforted by this.
I won't lie, I have a bit of fear for my nation. Do I think that my Lord is a Republican? Nope. Nor do I believe he is a Democrat. At the same time, I chose to vote for who was the closest to God's desire. I think Billy Graham said it best-
On November 6, 2012, who will I vote for? I will vote for the most pro-life candidate, because God hates the shedding of innocent blood (Prov.6:17). I will vote for the most pro-Israel candidate, because God blesses those who bless Israel & curses those who don't (Gen.12:3). I will vote for the most pro-debt reduction candidate, because the borrower is servant to the lender (Prov.22:7). I will...
I will vote for the most pro-work candidate because God says if a man not work , let him not eat. (2Thess.3:10) I will vote for the candidate who most closely believes government's purpose is to reward the good & punish the evil (Romans 13). I will vote based as close as I can on God's Word (2Tim.3:16). Knowing that whoever gets elected, God is the one who puts all men in authority (Dan.2:21).May God have mercy on America. I will vote.
As a Christian, I can't argue with the Word. If I truly believe that what's in there is true, then I have to put my candidate of choice up to His test and see who comes out ahead. That didn't happen, and that's where my heavy heart comes from. I keep hearing people say we are moving forward as a nation, but forward to what? What exactly are we aiming for?
And the LORD said to Samuel, “Obey the voice of the people in all that they say to you, for they have not rejected you, but they have rejected me from being king over them. According to all the deeds that they have done, from the day I brought them up out of Egypt even to this day, forsaking me and serving other gods, so they are also doing to you. Now then, obey their voice; only you shall solemnly warn them and show them the ways of the king who shall reign over them.”
(1 Samuel 8:7-9 ESV)
And in that day you will cry out because of your king, whom you have chosen for yourselves, but the LORD will not answer you in that day.”
(1 Samuel 8:18 ESV)
Here is my hope for our country:
1. That eyes will be opened to Jesus in a brand new way, just as Saul experienced on his way to Damascus.
2. That hearts will be softened towards the unborn child, because if a micro organism on mars is considered life-why on earth is a beating heart not?
3. That we will become a protector of Israel, and not its enemy.
4. That people will stop depending on a handout, but will have a desire to work for what they are given, and to help those who are unable. This is the land of opportunity, don't take that blessing for granted.
5. I pray that Christians in our nation will remember who their God is, and what He says in His Word. Don't claim a relationship with Him when you know nothing about Him, His desires, or His commands.
6. I pray that those who do evil are punished-not made excuses for.
7. I hope that soldiers get back the respect and honor that they deserve, because it is they who offer the real sacrifice. They are the ones in the line of fire, and they are the ones who protect and serve this nation of ours.
This is my cry. Morally our nation has become way off track, and our values have gone down the drain. Christians, this is where you need to remember what you knees are for. Prayer is the only thing that matters at this time.
I don't believe that it was God's choice to put Obama back in office, but I do believe that he allowed America to make that decision.
Let us hope that we put our trust in Jesus, before man, or this will be a very rough 4 years.