I've been seeing tons of stews all over Pinterest, and I couldn't help but try and make my own.
It turned out sooooo goood! Man oh man. I almost licked this bowl-no joke.
Speaking of bowl, I got this cup from Walmart last night for 2 bucks. It is a halloween one, but that's not why I got it. It says, "boo-ti-ful". My mom has called me "boo" for as long as I can remember. It made me think of her, and that's why I had to have it!
Here is the run-down:
2 cups unsalted vegetable stock
4 russet potatoes
1 package sausage (I used a smoked one)
1 bottle beer (this is really up to you, but I used an amber ale)
4 tbs garlic, divded
1/2 cup minced red onion
1 tbs brown sugar
2 tbs sage
1 tbs cumin
2 tbs parsley flakes
1/2 stick unsalted butter
1 tbs hickory liquid smoke
1 tbs olive oil
1. Dice your potatoes into bite size pieces, and place in boiling water. Cook until ALMOST tender. You can choose to salt you water at this time.
2. While your potatoes are boiling slice sausage and add to hot skillet with olive oil, liquid smoke, 2 tbs of garlic, onion, brown sugar, and half of the beer. Turn up to medium high heat and let reduce down to a glaze.
3. Drain potatoes, and place back on medium burner. Add vegetable stock, sage, cumin, rest of beer, butter, rest of garlic, parsley, and any salt and pepper to taste.
4. Once potatoes begin to fall apart, lightly mash with a potato masher. Cook for a few more minutes. If the potatoes are still too thin, add a bit of flour.
5. Spoon potatoes into bowl and top with glazed sausage. Also, top with a bit of Gorgonzola, this will add a bit of salty creaminess to the stew.
I love love love love love this stew. It's very warm and hearty. You can really make this your own, with what type of beer you use and even the sausage you use. Mix it up!
If you try this out, please let me know!!!
**Check out my Blog Parties page to see where I'm linking up!
***BTW, have you checked out my giveaways?
If you enjoyed this post, would you mind clicking the link above and voting for me? Clicking on the link is your vote, you don't have to do anything else!